Although temperatures in Charlottesville, VA are still in the pleasant 60s, it’s not too early to think about getting your air conditioner prepped for the summer season. Spring is an ideal time for an AC tune-up because you avoid the scheduling crunch that inevitably comes the closer the temperatures get to 80.
What We Do
Now that the seasons are changing, it’s time to brush off your AC unit and get it ready for the workload that comes with a Charlottesville summer. Here’s some of what we do for your spring AC tune-up:
- Inspect, adjust, and tighten belts, motors, and wiring
- Check and adjust refrigerant levels
- Clean coils
- Inspect condensate drain
- Replace air filter
- Check thermostat settings
Why We Should Do It
Many manufacturers of cooling equipment require regular AC maintenance as part of their warranty requirements. If you neglect maintenance, you run the risk of voiding your warranty. While that’s a significant incentive, there are additional reasons to get a yearly AC tune-up:
- Reduce major problems and repairs: When our certified technicians find a problem during a service call, they take care of it immediately. This preemptive action greatly reduces the likelihood of a major malfunction — and costly repair — in the heat of July.
- Save energy: Clean air filters reduce energy consumption by up to 15 percent. Fixing air leaks in your ductwork avoids up to a 30 percent loss of cooled air as it flows through your system.
- Improve comfort: When your air conditioner isn’t working right, it can’t cool your Charlottesville, VA home the way it should. Regular AC maintenance eliminates inconsistent temperature, high humidity levels, and poor indoor air quality.
We understand that you probably have a long list of tasks on your spring to-do list, and we’re here to help you make your list more manageable. For more information about our service agreements, check out our AC maintenance page or give us a call at (540) 216-0545.